Bush to the Beach Explore
Bush to the Beach Explore – 4 nights / 5 days
- DAY 1: Arrive at Phalaborwa Airport. Meet with your guide and start the tour at Phalaborwa Mining Company to view the widest open cast mine considered to be the widest man made hole in Africa.
Visit Amarula Lapa the home of Amarula Liquor. After lunch, shopping and we check inn at Boikhutsong Guest House.
Evening game drive and bush braai. Overnight at Boikhutsong Guest House.
- DAY 2: Morning game viewing in the Kruger National Park. Travel to Letaba Rest Camp via Masorini Heritage Site and explore the preserved historic findings of the Iron Age people.
Check inn at Letaba Rest Camp and afternoon game viewing and lunch at Olifants Rest Camp on the banks of the Olifants river view. Dinner and overnight.
- DAY 3: Depart Letaba Rest Camp and Proceed to Xai-Xai in Mozambique through Giriyondo Border Post and via the following places Lagoa Nova, Massingir, Macaretane, Chokwe, Canicado and Chibuto.
Located about 200 kilometers north of Maputo, the town bustling town of Xai-Xai (pronounced shai-shai) is located near the banks of the mighty Limpopo River. Good swimming beaches, tidal pools, hotels and resorts are just a short drive from the town. A variety of markets, shops, fuel and accommodation facilities are available. Xai Xai is within easy reach of the new Limpopo Transfrontier Park.
Check in at Xai-Xai beach hotel. Dinner and overnight.
- DAY 4: Visit the Mercado Municipal (market) located in Xai-Xai town. Here you can mingle with the locals and buy a range of sun ripe tropical fruits and vegetables, freshly baked breads, as well as traditional medicines, fish, hand made pottery and reed baskets. A bit of “bargaining” makes your money go a long way!
Travel down south to Maputo City and check inn at Southern Sun Maputo. Visit the Iron House (Casa do Ferro) located between the Tunduru Botanical Gardens and the white Catholic Cathedral, the Iron House is the second of Mr. Eiffel’s masterpieces in Maputo.
The museum of Natural History is one of the DON’T MISS in Maputo. The beautifully restored colonial building is definitely worth going to see. It has many attractions, the most popular and unique of which include a large shark collection and collection of elephant fetuses, showing the stages of development during gestation.
Visit the Fresh Produce Market. This roofed market offers shoppers heaps of fresh prawns and fish, fruit and Veg, mounds of cashew nuts and hand crafted carvings and pottery together with loads of noise and bustle. Dinner overnight at Southern Sun Maputo.
Night life at Feira Popular De Mozambique is a pumping hub. This is where live music and DJ’s compete for patrons.
- DAY 5 : Early morning drive to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport via N4 road to Nelspruit.